I became a writer at age 34 in Edi Giunta’s Advanced Memoir class at NJCU. I’m 37.
I love that Barack Obama nominated her to the Supreme Court of the United States.
I am a fan of the Notorious RBG!
I came across an autobiographical woman poet Sharon Olds and I just love her.
I give myself permission to cry if my feelings get hurt or if I have a stressful day it’s not easy.
Rita’s Water Ice coffee or chocolate frozen custard. It’s yummy!
- What am I reading? I’m currently reading Louisiana Catch by an Indian woman author.
- What is my most treasured item? My chocolate brown Coach bag that my step father gave me for a birthday one year in my mid-late 20s.
- What is my favorite classic TV show? The King of Queens and The Parkers
- What’s my favorite cereal? Chocolate Cheerios
- What’s my favorite animal? Cats
- What’s your favorite vacation spot? Anywhere in the Caribbean
- What’s one of your pet peeves? I always like to get places early.
- What’s my favorite genre of music? R&B
- Why is it hard to talk about the elephant in the room? It’s hard to talk about the elephant in the room. It’s intimidating.
- The last question is a serious one. If you had to prove the reason for your faith to a non-believer in God, what would you say? All of the things I am now as a 37-year-old who is comfortable in her skin and can’t believe this is herself remembering how self-conscious she was as a child.
I nominate the following blogs
- Something to Stu Over
- J. Gomez, Journey of Reflections
- Naming My Voice
- Jo-Creative PTSD Gal, A Creative PTSD Gal
- Writing in North Norfolk
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your earliest memory?
- Do you like cats or dogs?
- Who supported you the most growing up?
- What was your relationship like with your parents?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Do you have any children of your own?
- What are your children’s ages?
- Are you an only child?
- How many siblings do you have?